Nitro Bar: Nitro Bar or shafting is produced from carbon bars that have had the OD surface hardened through a nitriding process. Nitriding produces a surface finish that is extremely hard and is an environmentally friendly, cost effective, and superior performing alternative to hard chrome plating for all of you pneumatic air cylinder needs.
- Made from 1045 Steel Bars
- 1/2" to 4" inclusive Diameter (12.7mm to 127mm)
- Stocked lengths 12’ – 24’ (3.65m to 7.31m)
- Cut to size lengths
- Surface hardness 64Rc min to 71Rc max.
- 0.001" thickness per side (0.0254mm)
- Surface finish 16Ra max.
- Tested to 100 hours min. with zero corrosion
Benefits of Nitro Bar
- Superior Corrosion Resistance
- Improved wear resistance
- Good lubrication retention
- Dent Resistant
- No surface pitting
- Increased service life